Total Number of Smiles

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Good Bye my Last Job

Memories of labor ... (photo from Arabian business.com)
Oh Riyadh Refinery Fire Station!!!  Good bye emergency red phone that shakes me up every time it rings giving me nothing but fear. Good bye old water tanker truck, so slow on the roads, traveling from the past to the present, living with generations of fire men. Good bye flare fire, blazing from a distance, filling our lungs with smoke and diseases. Good buy the noisy boilers of the hydrocracker plant that penetrate my ears directly to my brain keeping me awake for nights. Good bye flavorsome food of Abu Sadeq, white rice with chicken and vegetables cooked with tomato sauce. Good bye to my co-workers, my friends, my brothers and their talks. Oh Riyadh Refinery Fire Station . . thank you for giving me all the sweet and sour memories.

1 comment:

  1. Yes good-bye to that job in the oil refinery fire station...I feel uncomfortable thinking about that red phone ringing and how it "shakes" you up every time.

    I wonder what you are saying hello to now and if you are still eating your white rice with chicken and vegetables cooked with tomato sauce.

    ReplyDelete